It's been a great year to be a Community Manager and it's been a fantastic year to be a writer or reader here at Cultivating Community. Here are the Top 10 Most Read Articles from Cultivating Community in 2013 - did you miss any?
10. Converting Newcomers into Active Community Members - This webinar recording led us through ways to dive into your community's data and find out where you're losing members after they join, then take action to keep them as active community members.
9. 6 Curation Tools for Community Managers - Content curation is one of the best ways to keep interesting, high quality content flowing in your community. Here are six tools for you to start using in the new year.
8. Community Spotlight: Peace and Collaborative Development Network - Dr. Craig Zeiler inspired us as he told his story of founding and running the Peace and Collaborative Development Network, the leading online global community of individuals and organizations working in peacebuilding, international development, and related fields.
7. Infographic - The Value of Community Management - Two community networks partner to create an awesome infographic. Working with The Community Roundtable's 2013 State of Community Management report made for one truly informative graphic.
6. How to Make Social Work for Your Forums - Ted Rheingold at ForumCon - Allison and I had the pleasure of attending ForumCon this year and Ted Rheingold's presentation was one of the highlights.
5. Conceptualizing a Framework for Communities [Video] - Without a solid concept, communities can easily fail. This hour long webinar recording helps set you up for success.
4. The Different Types of Events - Events are a great way to increase participation in your community and this primer should give you some ideas to get 2014 started on the right foot.
3. How to Monetize Your Online Community [Video] - Monetization is so much more than advertising and Patrick O'Keefe joined us for this discussion on ways to think outside the ad box.
2. The Ultimate Welcome for Your Online Communitiy's Newcomers - Do you have a plan in place for welcoming your members? This article guides you through the essential parts of the Ultimate Welcome Package.
1. Announcing Ning 3.0 - 2013 saw the launch of Ning 3.0, a top to bottom redesign for the Ning Platform. It's been a fantastic year for us here at Ning. Other Ning-centrics articles cracking the top 10 included our Introduction to Groups on 3.0, and the announcement of a professional community management course from Feverbee for Ning Network Creators.
What topics would you like to see us cover in 2014?